Uni Series : The Things Everyone Forgets
I am completely struggling to believe the fact that four years ago around this time I was getting ready to enter university as an undergraduate almost five hours away from home. It’s a huge transition and I’m sure many people have already told you that some of the most dynamic times of your life so far are just around the corner.
I’ll be honest, a lot of my friends had well-thought out lists and plans as to what every box would contain and were so on top of everything they needed. I , on the other hand was pretty clueless as my Mummy pretty much packed everything for me to the extent whereby, in 3rd year with weeks to go before graduation, I was STILL opening up boxes and finding new cleaning products that I didn’t even know were there.
So tip number 1 : Be the main packer – or at least be physically present when your family are frantically placing each item in boxes for your to take, it will save you many hours of looking. Trust me, I know.
Here’s a list of 20 things you might just forget to pack for your Uni adventures.
- Wipes (preferably baby wipes, they can obliterate pretty much any anything.)
- Scissors – (you’ll always need to cut something, and you’ll never have anything to cut them with, but now you will, your welcome.)
- Toilet roll
- Disinfectant spray
- Disposable cups/plates and cutlery (there’s always that weird transition period where you’re hungry but the box with all the heavy kitchen supplies are no where to be found)
- Student finance documents (your reference number is handy !)
- A few extra passport photos
- Passport (KEEP THIS SAFE!)
- National Insurance number
- University acceptance letter (You’ll be needing to scan/photocopy this a lot)
- A dish rack
- Tin opener
- Blue tack / Sellotape
- Multiple plug connector
- Pictures of family (to make your house a home !)
Hope this list of random but useful Uni things helps a ton,
Remember to enjoy and make the last few days at home before moving out special and as stress free as possible for your family .
Happy packing !