The symptomatic pits of despair that whirl up within one abdomen resulting in a case of semi-traumatic outbreak and emotional out-pour.
Firstly there is a great need to say that if you are experiencing homesickness within the first few weeks, months perhaps even years of University – you are not by yourself. Most emphatically being homesick means that you have a loving close-knit family , and you shouldn’t be too overtly concerned with the big change of moving X amount of miles away from them. So just in-case you feeling all to solemn about moving away, here are some tips to get rid of your homesickness bouts.
- Stay Positive – Unless you’re studying abroad, or living on opposite ends f the British Isles, you’re more than likely not going to be more than 6 hours away from home. Its technically only a drive away if you needed to see la familglia again .
- Use Technology – With Facetime and messenger and pictures and audio, you can practically live with your close family at the tip of your fingers. And always have them around.
- Don’t Stay and Wallow in your room – Now I’m not an advocate for going out too much and wild parties etc. But I definitely think that taking the time to be with your new-found-friends outside our room whether for a lunch date, site-seeing or a coffee house trip is certainly a great way to forget about your whereabouts.
- Bring Home Comforts – The best way to avoid missing home is o make your dorm room as home-like as possible. So pictures, ornaments , decor that means something very special to you, take them with you and keep them close.
5. Have something to look forward to – Whether its a CHRISTmas trip back home, or an Easter getaway with friends, set an occasion where you get to see everyone again – It’ll be a good motivation worth looking forward to.
Have any more ideas about dealing with homesickness ? How did you cope with homesickness when first getting to University ? Email us at email@example.com